To Central’s Faith Community,
It is appropriate under the current circumstances to update you on Central’s plan regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). We know that many of you are concerned. We want to share the steps we are taking to minimize risk at Central United Church.
The measures we’re taking have been developed following best practices in responding to COVID-19, consulting with health officials, and following recommendations set forth by the United Church of Canada and Chinook Winds Region.
Effective immediately, Central United Church is making interim changes to some of our routines and rituals in response to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE:
- Please do not come to church if you are feeling ill or have a fever.
Changes to Sunday services include:
- Our Welcome Team greeters have been instructed to not shake hands or give hugs, but rather a warm verbal greeting to minimize person-to-person contact.
- Our practice of greeting one another during services or ‘Passing of the Peace’ must also be reduced to friendly waves and warm verbal greetings – no handshakes or hugs.
- Offering plates will not be passed during worship services. Please place your tithes, offerings and love gifts in the offering plates located throughout the Sanctuary or consider giving through PAR.
- Preparation and serving of all food and drinks is being reviewed and appropriate safety measures implemented.
- Communion is suspended until further notice.
We are implementing these changes in the best interest of the collective health of everyone who interacts at Central United Church.
If you have concerns or questions, please call Health Link at 811 to speak to a registered nurse. To learn more about best practices to protect against coronavirus (COVID-19) and for public health updates, please visit the AHS website that is updated regularly.
Lori Bazin, Worship Team Chair
Central United Church